A wall clock designed by Fiona Kruger
Limited edition of 50 pieces per configuration
This charismatic cranium reminds you to celebrate life. The hours and minutes are shown by the clocks hands, and a power reserve indicator is integrated into the mouth of the skull. Creativity is at the heart of both L'Epee 1839 and Fiona Kruger Timepieces. This is evident in L'Epee's acceptance of the challenge to create this modern day Vanitas with a humorous twist. The new 'yawning' power reserve indicator required a whole new development and re-engineering of the clock movement. It is a marriage bewteen fantasy and purpose which is at the core of the collaboration. As Vanitas loses power it starts to yawn, indicating it needs to be wound up. Though with a 35 day power reserve, this monthly ritual will give you a moment to stop and take stock of the time you have.
- Limited Edition - 50 pieces per configuration - dark or colourful
- Functions -Hours and Minutes. Power reserve indicator.
- Power reserve - 35 days- Closed mouth : Full power -Open mouthed : no power
- Movement - 5 Barrels in series - 11 jewels
- Winding and setting- Manual winding on the skull face. Double ended key to set time and wind movement.
- Dimensions - Height 306 mm - Width 220 mm - Thickness 86mm
- Materials. Aluminium skull, stainless steel and brass movement
- Finishings. Matt housing in Black anodised aluminium with mineral glass. Mechanism in palladium coated brass. Coloured Version has multi coloured screen printing in gloss ink - Meanings of the colours Blue=Trust. White=Purity. Orange=Sun. Yellow=Death. Pink=Celebration. Red=Life. Purple=Grief. Black=Mortality